Tuesday, November 2, 2010

A little risky...

After one more cake exactly like the wedding dress and bridesmaid cakes, I thought I would take a huge risk and take on this baby giraffe cake for a coworker who was hosting a baby shower. I think this cake was when I fell in love with cake decorating.

I love getting free reign on a cake like I did on this one. Katie told me pink,  brown, and giraffe print, the rest was up to me. The mommy to be craved chocolate and raspberries all throughout the pregnancy so we did a chocolate fudge cake with a raspberry filling and chocolate icing on the bottom tier and a vanilla with vanilla filling and icing for the second tier. The baby giraffe was made from cereal treats then covering each layer in fondant making the entire cake edible!

No comments:

Post a Comment