Tuesday, November 2, 2010

3 Cakes, ONE weekend!

This was a BIG weekend for me. I attempted my very first topsy turvy cake, one birthday cake, and a very fun owl baby shower cake.


This one I did for a friend of a friend's birthday party. It was tons of fun! I got to use my own designs on this one too! She said black and white and modern and I could do whatever I wanted after that. Thank you Rachel!


I did layers of chocolate and vanilla cake to stay with the black and white theme. then used a stencil to airbrush on the top layer design, quilted a pattern an the second tier and added some pearls for sophistication, then simple fondant circles for the pattern on the bottom tier.




















It's a bird! It's a plane! It's SUPERMAN!!
My dad's coworker wanted a superman cake for her grandson and his friends birthday.
It is a marble cake with chocolate icing. fondant covered and decorated with a buttercream border for the cloud effect.
















This one is definitely my favorite cake so far! This one was also for Rachel who had a busy weekend too with the birthday party and hosting a baby shower which is what this owl cake was for. the baby shower was a bird nest themed shower with this green and creme color and the mommy to be is using owl bedding so this is what I came up with!


I created a cereal treat owl covered in chocolate icing and decorated him with fondant cut outs, almond slices for his belly and M&M's for his eyeball. I dipped some pretzels in chocolate for the nest look and covered the rest in fondant to complete the look. It was surprisingly sturdy and edible!

No comments:

Post a Comment